Electronic Permitting

The following CITES documents can be applied for electronically:

  • Import Permit
  • Export Permit
  • Re-export Certificate
  • EU CITES Certificate
  • Preliminary Import Permit
  • Import Notification

Before submitting an application for the first time, applicants should register with one of the SOIVRE Inspection Services at the Territorial/Provincial Directorates for Trade, and deliver the following document [PDF] [250.25 kB] signed up. This registration is free.

More information and access to the Sign In site on the Electronic Website of the Secretary of State for Trade at the Ministry of Industry, Trade and Tourism.

Useful information:

A digital certificate is required – the digital certificate issued by the Spanish Mint (FMNT), or a microchip ID card (e.g., Spanish electronic ID card) serves this purpose. It is important to bear in mind that the digital certificate should already have been installed or inserted in the system before opening your browser, and should remain in place until the application procedure has been completed.

Digital signatures require the latest version of JAVA to be installed; download the latest version free-of-charge from the JAVA website.

A CITES fee is charged for all CITES permits and certificates issued (except Preliminary Import Permits, and Import Notifications, which are issued free of charge). Permit applications that are electronically submitted also require electronic payment of the CITES fee. The ID or VAT number of the digital certificate holder should coincide with the ID or VAT number of the holder of the bank account or credit/debit card used for payment.

On completion of an electronic application form, users will be automatically re-directed to the Spanish Tax Agency (AEAT) website to make a secure payment via his/her bank account or bank card. It is important, therefore, to bear in mind that no electronic applications can be submitted unless payment of the CITES fee is also made electronically.

Applications may be submitted directly by commercial operators (importers, exporters, breeders, etc.), or through an authorized representative (Customs agents, forwarders, companies, etc.). In any case, applicants may be private individuals or companies.